How many of you are planning to be outside this summer? I know my family and I have been stuck in the house for the most part all of 2020 and part of 2021. We made the decision to keep the kids home to remote learn the whole school year. So in short, It was a very long year for us lol. We battled the kids not wanting to finish assignments and not putting their best foot forward when it came to their assignments. There was a lot of redirecting, tears and things being taken away. My two middle children struggled the most. By the end of the school year I made the decision to get my middle children a tutor. They all are almost finish with the school year. Their school district get postponing the first day of school. So there last day is not until 6/18. However, that’s not stopping us from being outside. We have two trips planned in June, one being scheduled departure date on the last day of school. The kids are excited to explore and have some fun. High key we are excited as parents to see them have fun and the smiles on their faces. So below I will be sharing some great family friendly places to visit for a day or to even sleep over.
Family Resorts In Texas :
Yogi Bear Jellystone Park:
This park has tons of activities for the family to do , including a waterpark. There are several locations across the country. When you visit their site, enter your zip code to find the closest location from your home. In Texas they have several places including : Burleson TX, Tyler (east) TX, Fredricksburg, TX Wine Country, Waller, Houston TX, Canyon Lake San Antonio TX, Kerville Guadalupe River TX. Those are all the locations in Texas. Here’s a little bit of what they have at each locations:
- Water Attractions; Tubing, Lazy River, Several waterslides, little kid section of water activities, concessions stands for food and snacks, splash grounds.
- Outdoor Attractions: Playgrounds, laser tags, team sports, outdoor theaters, night time dancing party, wagon rides, jumping pillow & jumping pads.
- Indoor Attractions: Theatre room, recreation room ( arts and crafts), game rooms, escape rooms
Different ways to stay at the resort:
- RV- you can rent and RV or come with your own. They have a designated place in the park for all RV hook ups.
- Cabins: This is the fancy way to camp. This is what we chose when we visited. The cabin’s are spacious. Some have an upstairs with 3 beds, two bedrooms with queen size beds, a kitchen, living room, dinning area, and bathroom, the outside has an enclosed patio to keep the bugs at bay. Each cabin has a fire pit area to do smokers and to grill.
- Tents- You can even camp out like camping . They have places to set up tents.
- Treehouses- Certain locations have treehouses mini cabins built into trees.
They offer different promotions, if you live in the county or city they provide percentages off. I know we also got a 10% discount because I’m a Nurse. That was a pre-covid visit. So check with the resorts and see what kind of discounts you are applicable for.
They have a section outlining their COVID Protocol.
Great Wolf Lodge:
Is one of our favorite places to visit. Our Family Tradition is to Visit the first weekend the kids get out of school. Due to COVID we were unable to visit last year.This Year we have been invited to Host a visit to continue our family tradition. We are excited to go back. My family consist of two teenage high school girls, and two school age boys. I feel that Great Wolf has something for everyone. The suites are kid friendly and just takes the imagination to the next level for the kiddos. What we’ve done was sign up to be members in order to use promo codes to save money. It can get very pricy if you don’t. Having a family of 6 can warrant a visit of almost $500-$600 a night. I have been able to use promo codes to bring that down to $150-$200 per night. In any event your kids will be entertained the whole time, or tired. Below I will list the amenities you can find at the Grapevine, TX location.
Indoor waterpark which consist of multiple slides, pools and hot springs and jacuzzi ( currently closed due to the pandemic)
- Alberta Falls (Tube ride)
- Fort Mackenzie ( 4 story interactive treehouse filled with splash pads)
- Raccoon Lagoon ( Outdoor Pool Area)
- Slap Tail Pond
- Coyote Cannon vortex slide
- and may other sections listed here
This place also has northern light arcade , Magi Quest a game we play every time we go with the kids we explore and finish this game. Shadow quest, compass quest, howlers peak rope course, Olivers dinning. So many activities that will keep your kiddos occupied and so busy. The kids favorites especially my oldest ones . When they were young they loved story time and the dance party at night. It’s so lit even the parents enjoy it. They have yoga , character appearances. Great Wolf has multiple places to eat. They have Bar and grills, The Woodier Grill, The Loose Mousse Cottage, Hungry As Wolf, The Watering Hole, Beer Paw Sweets & Eats.
Check out all the different deals they provide. I love that they now have Day Passes for the locals who may not want to stay overnight.We will be staying here again soon , and will be sharing new updates or protocols.
Moody Gardens: Is located in Galveston Texas. Where there’s plenty of activities to do. They have so many activities for all ages. Aquarium Pyramid, Rainforest Pyramid, Discovery Museum, 3D&4D Theaters, Colonel Paddlewheel Boat. They also have water attractions and seasonal attractions. You can book a stay and have so much to do just on their premises. Moody Gardens has multiple dinning options.
- Family Package For Four
- Couples Package
- Golf Packages
- Spa Packages
- Club & Memberships Package
We have not visited yet. However I do plan on visiting for the holidays. They have a seasonal polar express type of event that goes on. It looks so magical for the kids. So we definitely want to start planning for that for the end of the year.
Amusement Parks In Texas :
There are so many things to do in Texas . below are a list of different amusement parks all throughout Texas. While you’re visiting you can also check out an amusement park near you. Texas has so many family friendly places from the small towns, to the big cities. Be sure to make a list of places that are within travel limits to where you are staying. Make the best of your time in the Big City.
- Six Flags ( Arlington, San Antonio)
- Schlitterbahn Water Park ( Galveston Texas)
- Sea World/ Aquatics ( San Antonio)
- ZDT Amusement Park ( Seguin TX)
- Epic Waters Indoor Park ( Grand Prairie TX)
- Typhoon Texas ( Houston TX)
- Hurricane Harbror (Arlington/ DFW TX)
- Hawaiian Falls The Colony
- Hawaiian falls Waco
- Rock n’ River Family Aquatic Center
- NRH20 Family Water Park
- Joyland Amusement Park
- Pirates Bay Waterpark
Places To visit In Texas:
- The Alamo : legendary for Texas History battledfield of 1863 in San Antonio TX
- Space Center Houston: Learn all about Nasa such great place of learning fro the kids and adults.
- San Antonio River Walk: Beautiful place full of lights, eatery, outdoor music , hotels close to Six Flags and Sea World.
- Kemah Boardwalk: Located in Galveston not far from Schlitterbahn Park. Right on Galveston beach. They have arcades, live music, and places to eat.
- Houston’s Children Museum: One of the best Children’s museums I have ever been to. So many interactive things to do, a huge obstacle course, arts and crafts, Pretend play (shopping , newscaster, learning a bout money). Outdoor water activities ( science play).
- Fort Worth Zoo: has an array of animals, rock climbing, water park section to cool off, they are introducing new animals, feed the giraffes section.
- Kidzania: A whole city just for kids. A place where kids can impersonate different fields of work. Live amongst of other children. So Much fun interactive modern play.
I hope this guide gives you some ideas for you and your family. I will have more blogs on where to eat, and couple places to visits in the coming weeks. Be sure to subscribe so you do not miss all the tips of having fun with your family, influencer tips and more to come to this site. Thanks for reading.
Kid Friendly Restaurants In Texas:
The Rainforest Cafe:
The Rainforest Cafe ( https://www.rainforestcafe.com ) located in Katy Mills, Galveston, San Antonio & Grapevine Texas. This is one of the kids favorite place to visit and eat at. We have spent birthdays and family day outs over here. We have been to the Katy Mills and Grapevine location. Both are located in a shopping mall. It has interactive animals that move and make the sounds of that particular animal. It also is a dark jungle like setting. The food is jungle themed giving you island vibes. The fun drinks and desserts are so amazing as well. Each location also has a gift shop where you can buy souvenirs, animal toys and rainforest theme clothing.
Medieval Times: Is a Place where you can feast while you root for your team of warriors. This show consist of a two hour jousting tournament with 6 competing knights. They use real weapons while riding beautiful horses defending their teams honor. I actually went to several shows. I grew up in New York and there’s one located in New Jersey. many of us 90 kids spent our senior trip here in elementary school. During your experience you will be served a 4 course meal and select beverages included. They also have vegetarian options and special allergy accommodations. Alcoholic beverages ( or as we like to call it in our household adult beverages lol) are an option as well. There are 3 ticket options to choose from
- Queen Royalty Package
- Royalty Package
- Celebration Package
- Group rates are available
IT’Z Family Food Fun: IT’Z is another one of our favorite spots we love it , because it’s a great way to get out as a family and have fun with the kids. You can eat as much as you want, play arcades, get on rides and eat desserts. This is a precious gem around the state of Texas. We’ve been to the Houston and DFW locations. I would definitely suggest this place for a nice day out with the kids that can be inexpensive. They have unlimited packages and what we typically do is . Please do not judge lol. If you have multiples like ours we pay for 2 unlimited games and attractions card. The girls typically go off together. So they get one to share. Then we also get the same card for the boys. Instead of buying 4 unlimited game cards that can add up to $100. Instead we were able to do it for $40. As a young mom of multiples I learned early of different ways of saving money. I will save that for a later post. just know we do a lot without having to spend a lot.
I hope this mini guide of family friendly places in Texas was helpful to you. I hope that this makes your planning so much easier. If you are anything like me, I like to find places ahead of time. Let me know other places you would like to know more information on, or if this blog post answered a lot of your questions.